Saving Telemetry Data

Support forum for users of the M1 Tune

Saving Telemetry Data

Postby kangsta on Sat Mar 06, 2021 9:35 pm

Hoping someone can set me straight... I've looked everywhere for an option to save the live telemetry data when connected to an ECU. Surely there is an option somewhere that Ive missed?
kangsta
 
Posts: 4
Joined: Thu Oct 02, 2008 1:28 pm

Re: Saving Telemetry Data

Postby David Ferguson on Sun Mar 07, 2021 2:42 am

No, you can only saved the logged data.

Now you can hit the "pause" button and scroll back to see all the data in the current session, but there is no "save live data" so that it can be shared, or studied later.
David Ferguson
Veracity Racing Data
Check out Shift RPM - https://shiftrpm.veracitydata.com
David Ferguson
Pro User
 
Posts: 1012
Joined: Fri Nov 07, 2008 1:45 am
Location: Paso Robles, California

Re: Saving Telemetry Data

Postby kangsta on Sun Mar 07, 2021 8:11 am

David Ferguson wrote:No, you can only saved the logged data.

Now you can hit the "pause" button and scroll back to see all the data in the current session, but there is no "save live data" so that it can be shared, or studied later.


Thanks for the confirmation. I guess you can only open logged files in i2 as well and not in M1 tune?
kangsta
 
Posts: 4
Joined: Thu Oct 02, 2008 1:28 pm

Re: Saving Telemetry Data

Postby David Ferguson on Sun Mar 07, 2021 8:54 am

kangsta wrote:Thanks for the confirmation. I guess you can only open logged files in i2 as well and not in M1 tune?


correct.
David Ferguson
Veracity Racing Data
Check out Shift RPM - https://shiftrpm.veracitydata.com
David Ferguson
Pro User
 
Posts: 1012
Joined: Fri Nov 07, 2008 1:45 am
Location: Paso Robles, California

Re: Saving Telemetry Data

Postby SDean on Wed Mar 10, 2021 10:16 am

If you are connected to the M1 then the data is constantly being updated (even when paused), however, if you want to be able to go back over the data without the risk of it being overwritten, disconnect from the M1. The live data stops updating and what data is available in the live graphs will remain there until you next connect to the M1, or close M1 Tune. This becomes useful if you want to go back and analyse issues in the live data as you have access to all of the channels that are being generated in the M1 at a 50hz log rate.
Stephen Dean
MoTeC Research Centre Melbourne, Australia
User avatar
SDean
Site Admin
 
Posts: 1003
Joined: Tue Dec 02, 2014 9:29 am
Location: Melbourne

Re: Saving Telemetry Data

Postby kangsta on Sat Jun 26, 2021 10:39 am

SDean wrote:If you are connected to the M1 then the data is constantly being updated (even when paused), however, if you want to be able to go back over the data without the risk of it being overwritten, disconnect from the M1. The live data stops updating and what data is available in the live graphs will remain there until you next connect to the M1, or close M1 Tune. This becomes useful if you want to go back and analyse issues in the live data as you have access to all of the channels that are being generated in the M1 at a 50hz log rate.


Good tip - Thanks
kangsta
 
Posts: 4
Joined: Thu Oct 02, 2008 1:28 pm


Return to M1 Tune

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest